Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mean people SUCK!!!

I hate that some people are mean spirited. It seems as if some people can't wait to cause pain or suffering for others. My moms daughter Paulette ( I can't even claim her as a sister any longer) is one of these people. As long as I can remember the world always has and always will revolve around her. She doesn't seem to care about what others are feeling, only what she wants. She has done many hurtful things over the years, so much so that My brother Gene or I have not spoken to her for over ten years. (My other sister RuthAnn and brother Allan have spoken with her but not all that often. )I just found out that she did another mean thing today and it was a doozy.

My brother Gene has cancer. The chemotherapy has taken its toll on him physically, but not spiritually or mentally. He told me he may look and feel like crap but his resolve is strong. He is starting his 3rd week of treatment. The first week was pretty brutal. His treatments made him really tired. He said he went to bed on Friday and didn't get up for five days. He had a better week this past week and even felt good enough to go to church. This weekend was pretty good. I talked to him and he sounded great, tired but great.

He didn't want to worry our mom because she gets uncontrollable anxiety over even the smallest things. Because of this he opted not to tell her right now. He planned on telling her later on when the treatment worked and the cancer was in remission. He said if she knew she would worry too much and that would make him worry too much about her. He truly needs to concentrate on getting better not worrying about other things.

Things were working according to his plan until today. My mothers daughter Paulette heard through someone she supposedly went to school with that my brother was sick. She immediately called our mom and told her that Gene has sick and probably wasn't going to make it. Of course mom was upset. Who wouldn't be if someone told them thiat about one of their kids? Why didn't Paulette call one of her siblings and ask them instead of mom? I feel as if she takes delight in upsetting mom. I have seen her do it time and time again over the years. I am so sick of her and all the mean things she does. I wish she would one time think of others instead of always just doing what she wants and to heck with others.

Now Gene is worried that mom will be so upset. He is going to call her and try to aleviate her fears, but its too bad he has to do this in the first place. I pray that he will still concentrate on himself and healing. He is doing pretty good and needs to keep this up. Please keep him in your prayers also. I know he can beat this.

No comments:

Post a Comment