Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wow has it really been that long???

I was reading through some of Kandis posts and thought about this blog. I was going to be so good about writing in it. Well one day turned into a week then a month and now months! I haven't been so good about writing. I guess there has been so much negative things swirling around in my head that I don't really want to dwell on, and I didn't want to bring anyone down. Well I've come to the conclusion that I can try not to dwell on it and say nothing or I can try REALLY, REALLY hard to write something positive. So here goes.

Some random happy thoughts in no particular order.

#1- I was so happy to see the sunshine today. It has been a long time. I'm hoping that it will stay around for a bit. I am ready to get out into the yard and do some work. I have big plans out there.

#2- Today is stake conference and I know it sounds horrible but I didn't have to prepare a lesson. It was so much less stressful. I usually struggle with that. The kids in my class are from 15-19 years old and they know so much about the gospel that they should be teaching me. They are amazing kids, and it makes me think that there is hope for the world afterall.

#3- I LOVE my family. I don't know what I would do without them. Everyone is so important to me. I can not imagine my l life without any of them in it. I am so proud of my three kids and my son and daughter in laws. They are wonderful people. They are hard working, honest, intelligent, and comapssionate just to name a few. Also the grandkids. They are a bright spot in my day. I love to tend them and watch them grow and develop. They are so cute and it's fun to see the things they do and say. My family also gives me hope for the future.

#4- I am thankful for my husband. We have been married for 36 years now. I really doesn't seem like it should be that long. We have had many things happen on our journey through marriage. Some of them have caused hurt, some have strengthened, some were just funny. I'm glad that we have had all of these experiences, they have made us into the people we are today. (whether that is good or bad is up for debate. HA HA) Thanks honey for putting up with me for this long. I love you!

#5- I am grateful for the gospel and my testimony. I would hate to think of going through this test (life) without the knowledge that our Heavenly Father loves us and knows us. I have felt his comforting hand in my life many times. I am grateful for the atonement. I'm grateful the we have the chance to repent of our sins and prove ourselves worthy. What a wonderful thing to know that we can make ourselves clean before God. What a humbling thing to know that Jesus loved us enough to suffer for us. I pray that I can be worthy of that sacrifice.

#6- Life in general. What a precious gift our Heavenly Father has given us. It is sometimes hard and complicated. Sometimes we feel that we can't cope, but with trust in Heavenly Father life can be grand.

#7- Friends! Heavenly Father couldn't be everywhere all the time so he gave us friends. They help us, cry with us, uplift us, love us and laugh with us. They sometimes make life just bearable. What would we do without friends? Thanks to all the friends in not only my life but also in my kids' lives.

I think I have pressed my brain to overload right now. I wanted to post some pictures but I can't remember how. I will have to get Kandi to show me again. I know it is really easy, but Ican't remember. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow. I hope I remember :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment