Monday, September 21, 2009

AAAGH!!!!!!!

Ok so I am going to be negative. I have had it with the kids I deal with. I am so tired of babysitting kids that are almost adult aged. They are 15 to 17 years old, but they throw tantrums, pout cry and act like preschoolers. I wish they would just take responsibility for their actions and realize they are where they are because of their choices.

I have become pretty jaded in my thinking about special ed. When I first started this job I thought it was great and that I was helping all these kids that had disabilities. Boy have things changed. I feel as though a good portion of the kids I have seen are behavior disabled because they have not had discipline in their lives. They are smart capable kids, but don't want to work for anything. They will spend more time trying to get out of doing assignments than they would if they just did the assignment. I wish they would put forth a tiny bit of effort to better themselves. It makes me worried for their future.

No comments:

Post a Comment