Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Krystle
























































































































































































Today is one of the best and favorite days of my life. It is the day that I gave birth to my first baby girl. Birthday season is in full swing at our house. Krystle turns 28 today August 11. It doesn't seem possible that she could be that age already. I remember being pregnant with her, and wondering if she was going to be a boy or a girl. We already had Brady so I think that we secretly wanted a girl but we always said what ever it was would be great.


I didn't get as big with her as I had with Brady, so I wasn't quite as miserable. I actually loved being pregnant with all three of my kids. I was due to deliver her on August 17. I had started my weekly appointments and for 3 weeks I was dialated to a 3 and 50% thinned out. The Dr. thought that the baby should have come by then but she hadn't. He was planning on going out of town for 2 weeks starting August12. He thought that it would be a good idea if he induced labor so that he could deliver the baby before he left. He thought that the baby was big and healthy enough to come now. He scheduled me to go to the hospital the next day.


I went home and told Steve that we were going to have the baby the next day and we started to prepare for the birth of our second child. We got Brady's things ready, and my bag packed for the hospital. By the time we got to bed it was quite late. That didn't seem to matter though because I could not go to sleep. I was so nervous, and excited that I felt like a little kid at christmas. I was nervous because I had never been induced before and didn't know quite what to expect and excited because I wanted to meet the baby. We had to be to the hospital by 7:00 the next morning and I remember looking at the clock at 4:00 in the morning. I think I went to sleep right after that. It seemed like I had just got to sleep when the alarm went off and we had to get up and get going.


We took Brady to Grandma Yamashita's house and headed to the hospital. We got there at 7 and they processed us into the labor room. They put IV's in my arm and had me put on the cute hospital gown. I had decided not to have any pain medication because it had almost killed Brady when he was born. So I settled in for what I thought was going to be a long day of pain. The nurse came in at about 7:30 and put the pit in my IV. She must have really cranked it up beacuse immediately I started to have contractions. The contractions were LOOOOONG and hard. In fact they didn't stop. THey were one great big long contraction for 3 hours. I had expected the baby to be born about 10-12 hours after we got to the hospital but she was born 3 hours after they started the pit. It was not much fun. To make matters worse they told me that I couldn't eat anything after 10 the night before. I had an empty stomach and it made me so sick. This was the only time I was sick the whole pregnancy. As I was pushing her out I was also throwing up. I would have felt much better if I had been allowed to eat.


I was in the delivery room pushing and dry heaving for what seemed like forever, but was in reality only about 30 minutes. Finally her little head came out. The nurses and doctors said that there was lots of black hair. A minute later the rest of her came out. The doctor said its a girl. I was so happy. I waited for her to cry. She did'nt. She was so quiet. After Brady almost dying I was starting to freak out because it was quiet. I kept asking the doctor to make her cry. He kept telling me that she was OK, but I didn't believe him and insisted that he make her cry. Finally the doctor said "give that baby to her mother so the mother will be quiet". When they handed her to me she was beautiful . She was just looking around the room at everything. She was making the cutest kissey face with her lips. There is a picture of her and Brady that I posted and she is making the same kissey lips in that picture. I don't think I heard her cry until the next day. She was just happy to be there and didn't put up a fuss. She was born around 10:40 a.m. and weighed 7lbs 8oz. She was 18 inches long. She was so tiny but perfect in every way.

When I was pregnant with Brady we had gone to our friends baby blessing and another baby there was being named Crystal. Steve really liked that name and said when we have a girl we need to name her Crystal. Well we had our girl and we named her Christel, but I decided I didn't like the way it was spelled so we changed it when she was 2 months old. Her name was now Krystle Mechelle. This means brilliantly pure like unto God.


We were so blessed to have such a healthy happy baby. It was amazing to me that she was finally here. She was such an independent little soul. She always wanted to be down running around. She started to walk when she was 6 months old. She had a full set of teeth by the time she was 8 months old. By the time she was 9 months old she was RUNNING everywhere she went.

She is one of the kindest most loving, trusting people that I know. She will do anything for anyone. She is a wonderful mom, and aunt. She treats her neices and nephew so good and loves them like they were her own kids. She has been through some very hard and painful things in her life. I have watched her handle her grief and pain with dignity. I have learned so much from her and she teaches me new things daily. I am proud to be her mother.

Krystle I just want you to know how much I love you. You are an inspiration to me all the time. You are an amazing woman. You have such compassion and love for your fellow beings. I love your personality and the things you say and do make me laugh. I have had a blast being your mother. I know that I haven't been the best mother but I think you turned out alright in spite of that. It has been a privilege and honor to be your mother. My birthday wish for you is for you to see yourself the way that I see you. I want you to find true happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment